The caption might look strange because Chennai is considered a hot place and its closest proximity to the ‘Sun City’ of Vellore. However had a few commitments and hence chose Chennai for this weekend schedule.
- SETC has improved a lot. You need not travel to CMBT and then fight through the traffic to reach suburban areas like Tambaram and Chengalput. There are direct buses from/to Shanti Nagar to Tambaram although the frequencies are limited. The bus plies through Chengalput or Padappai.
- The weather as usual is shitty and sultry and sucks thanks the previous regime of DMK and the so-called Flyover Minister (MK Stalin) signed scammy deals in favor of his partymen to construct lot of flyovers by deforesting the city and usurping private lands.
- A few government departments publicly presented a good gesture but their inertia and weather issues were a kind of irritant to me.
- Wherever you commute in the city, buses might be less but autos often block your way seeking to offer a ride for exorbitant rates. I think we should recommend naming Chennai as ‘Auto City’. After all, ‘Auto Shankar’ the dreaded mafia who was hung to death a few years back hailed from Chennai and had tough unbreakable unholy nexus with a lot of politicians and law enforcement keeping them in his control too.
- Whenever I stay in Chennai other mundane tasks preempt me off visiting holy places. Perhaps this makes me brand Chennai as a ‘Sin City’.
- The two month long dental pain finally found a relief thanks to my dentist, which sends a good positive note.
Back to business early hours of Tuesday!