- We had booked a bus from Bangalore to Hassan at around 22:30. The good point with KSRTC is that you are not at the whims and fancies of timekeepers and conductors since the bus number is texted to you about 15 to 30 minutes before the departure time. The bus reached Hassan around 3 AM. After a wait for about an hour and a half, caught the next bus bound to Arisikere and alighted at Dudha. From Dudha, you need to hire an auto to Mudigere temple.This writer has compiled the phone numbers of two auto drivers who are known to offer rides for pilgrims to/from Mudigere temple. Here are the contact numbers:
- Kumar: +91 99450 21951
- Manjunath: +91 99012 07715
- Reached Mudigere around 6.30 AM. The priest Sri Sridhar helped with bathing and arrangements near the temple even though the temple opens only by 10 AM. Meantime we had a visit to nearby Omkareshwar temple which is packed with sculptures all over its walls. We had the bliss of seeing the Rudrabhishekam at 8.30 AM. After coming out of the temple had a quick glimpse of Hanuman temple. It is an old temple but it was closed during our visit.
- In our Lakshmi Narasimha temple, there was Manjakappu and Thirumanjanam. After that there was prasadam distribution. The famous prasadam in this temple is curd rice. The priest numbers for quick contact are:
- Sridhar: +91 99452 99923
- Ananthakrishna: +91 99020 63911
- After darshan, took the auto back to Dudha and reached by 2 PM. The Hassan bound bus reached bus stand from Dudha by 3 PM. After a wait for two hours, our Bangalore bound non-stop bus started at 5 PM and reached Bangalore around 8.30 PM.