So today evening at 5.30 made a visit to my nearby Shiva temple. The presiding deity of the temple is Gangai Amman. There are sanctum sanctorums for the following deities:
- Lord Ayyappa
- Lord Anjaneya
- Lord Shiva (and Lord Nandhi)
- Lord Srinivasa
- Lord Subramaniya
- Lord Ganapathi
The Pradosham function went till 6.30 (with Abhishekam, deity procession and prasadam distribution) and then I started back home by 6.45. The easier way to reach this temple is as below:
- Get down at Ambal Nagar bus stop (towards Ashok Nagar)
- Either take Ambal Nagar Main Road and turn left at dead end and walk straight and you will reach the temple near the police outpost near Poonamalee Road junction.
- Walk a few yards and turn left at Poonamalee Road (near Church). Continue walking till Police Outpost and you will see the temple to the left.
- Bus Route: S35 (towards Defence Colony) and Bus Stop is Gangai Amman Koil Street.