http://deepak.blogdrive.com/ would not be disturbed. You can still read the posts there however future posts onto my travelog would be captured in LDVoyage. I am also in the process of importing the posts for a quicker reference and comprehensive migration onto LDVoyage. The migration (LD_ImportEngine) follows the protocol as outlined below:
- The migrator script would get all the posts on the same date of migration as in LDVoyage instead of back-dating it which might confuse blog readers because the blog creation date and post creation date may not tally.
- The migrator would append a footer line to the posts in this fashion: <div style=’font-size:9px;font-family:Verdana,sans-serif;’><br><br><b>LD_ImportEngine_Notification: Originally posted on <a href=’http://deepak.blogdrive.com’>http://deepak.blogdrive.com</a> on <i>$blogdate $blogtime</i></b></div><br>
- The migrator is written in PHP script. I would also like to share this out from my Google Project Hosting (ldutils) for the benefit of community and evolved development of the same.
Trust these make things clearer and easier for readers to follow and catch up with the newer platform.
LDVoyage would take as the next version of my travelog (http://deepak.blogdrive.com/). Whilst Blogdrive had been a superior blogging platform for novice bloggers the intent of choosing WordPress and the plan of migration here are the following:
- Ease of blogging from multiple platforms.
- Aggressive spam detection through Akismet.
Today whilst travelling to New York for Tamil New Years Day I had a few hours wait at Union Station (DC). The time I reached Union Station was at 07:30 AM and my bus to NY was only at 11.30 AM. So effectively I had good amount of hours to spend in the neighborhood of Union Station. A few quick places to tour around it were:
- US Capitol
- The Supreme Court Buildings
- Senate Offices
I had to start early from my place because I have very little public transportation to the nearest Metro stations. I had some quick bites in the Union Station and then was trying to find go around the place. After a little touring around the place when I came back at 9.30 AM to Union Station I was observing that the first Bolt Bus to New York was starting. The driver asked me my timing and I replied 11.30. He was kind enough to adjust a free transfer to his bus. So instead of waiting around and wasting two hours I could board the bus to New York at 9 AM itself.
The bus started to roll out of Union Station on its way to New York and my mind …